Othello

Othello

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The End That Never Began

“The end that never began” Where did it all start? Sometime I wonder where these myths and stereotypes come from. After all I have done for this country. I don’t understand why I just can’t live my life with my beloved wife. My skin colors seems to define me as who people think I am or what I am. As I go on with life I begin to accept the fact that I will be judged and criticized of my actions. But I shall stand before no man in fear. You would think that I’m worried about my wife’s father. But I tend not think of him because I know the love that Desdemona and I have for each other. Even though someone has spread a rumor of how I won my beautiful lady, it angers me to know someone is jealous. Once I heard the reason of Brabantio’s approach I was astound by such belief “Witchcraft”. Again where did this foolishness come from? But I held my pride by standing up for myself, and being whom I am when he came to fight. “Keep up your bright swords, for the dew will rust ’em” is what I told them. This was no time to settle this when the duke wanted my presence. I have no idea why Brabantio would think taking this to the Duke would better the situation; well at least on his behalf. It was complete nonsense for them to all come down there and find out the truth coming from her. But other than that I will now have to go to war as requested of the duke. I’m just glad my precious Desdemona will be safe with me; which others disagreed to be a bad idea. No worries because at the end of the day I still have my precious Dezi.

No comments:

Post a Comment